how to reduce car insurance rates for first time drivers
We have come up with an amazing list of things you can do to reduce car insurance rates for first time drivers:
1. The vehicle you choose helps determines you car insurance premiums. The safer the vehicle you choose the lower your rates will be, this means faster cars will get higher rates. The price also will have an effect on the insurance rate. The more expensive the car the higher the rate will be. This is because the parts for expensive cars will cost your insurance company more to replace and it will cost more to repair damage on them. Some car models are also more likely to be stolen than others and this will also have an impact car insurance rates. This is because when a car is stolen the auto insurance company will have to pay an auto theft claim so having a car model that is less likely to be stolen will reduce your insurance rates.
2. Compare prices - auto insurance companies are extremely competitive so shopping around will help you haggle for a lower rate.
3. Adding multiple drivers to you car insurance policy - if a first time driver adds one or more drivers who are more experienced to their car insurance it can lower rates. Just remember to be honest about how much these other drivers use the vehicle compared to the first time driver. Putting parents on a first time drivers policy and saying they drive the car much more to lower the rate even more when its not true can be considered "fronting" which is illegal. When adding other drivers to a first time drivers insurance remember to be honest about how much these other drivers use the car compared to the first time driver.
4. Put an alarm or anti-theft device on your car. The less likely your car is to be stolen the lower your rates will be. Putting an anti-theft device on your car will lower the chances of it being stolen and as a result lower you car insurance rates.
5. Take a driver safety course. Some auto insurance companies will lower your rates if you complete an approved driver safety course.
6. Carpool or take the bus form time to time. The more you are on the road the more likely you are to be in a crash. This is why people who drive less will often get lower rates than people who drive long distances to work or school everyday. You can lower your rate by choosing to take the bus half the time or by carpooling to work or school everyday.
7. Change your tires seasonally. Putting on winter tires during the winter can save you a good amount on rates from some auto insurance companies. In fact in some places offering a winter tire discount is mandatory for car insurance companies.
8. Higher deductible results in lower rates. If you increase the amount you have to pay out of pocket in the event something happens to your car your car insurance company will give you a lower premium. (your premium is your rate which is the amount you choose to pay every 6 months, bi-monthly, monthly, or whatever interval you have chosen to pay your rate at.)
9. Dropping collision coverage if you have a very old car. If your car is very old or not very valuable it might be worthwhile to drop the collision coverage part of your policy. It depends on the value of vehicle vs your deductible (which is the amount you have to pay out of pocket). For example if your deductible is 1000 dollars and your vehicle is worth 1000 dollars then it doesn't really make sense to pay for collision coverage since your deductible is going cover the whole cost of the vehicle meaning the collision coverage won't really be doing anything for you.
10. Drive safely. Getting tickets can cause your car insurance premium to increase. By driving safely you won't cause your premiums to increase.
11. Find an auto insurance broker that specifically caters to young drivers to see if you can get a lower rate.
12. Drive a hybrid. Some car insurance companies will give a discount to people who choose to drive an eco-friendly car.
13. Be a member of a professional group or alumni association. If you are a member of a professional group or alumni association you might be able to get a discount from some car insurance companies.
14. Use a black-box. A black-box is a telematics device which monitors how you drive. If you choose an auto insurance plan that includes one of these boxes then you can save money by being a good driver. If you drive safely while using one of these boxes as a part of your car insurance plan then you can receive discounts on your auto insurance rate.